|This article is part of the Feed The Beast Wiki's Tutorials section.|
This article will show you how to install the Feed The Beast Launcher on a Mac. To find out how to install Feed The Beast on a PC, please go to Tutorial:Installing Feed The Beast on PC.
Download FTB (Feed the Beast) Launcher 1.5.0 for Mac from FileHorse. 100% Safe and Secure If you want to find the best Minecraft launcher, we recommend Feed the Beast!
Download and install the FTB Launcher (this is currently the only way to locate new FTB Modpacks). Download the executable file, place it in its own folder,. CNET Download provides free downloads for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices across all categories of software and apps, including security, utilities, games, video and browsers. Close Minecraft, Technic Launcher, FTB Launcher, or whichever launcher you are using. Download the latest version of Launcher for Mac - Fast and light app launcher. Launchpad is the app launcher in Mac OS X that is quite like the iOS Home Screen, showing a series of app icons and names on a simple screen making it very easy to launch whatever.
Ftb Launcher Download Mac
- Have a legal and verified Minecraft account.
- Have Java installed.
Step 1: Download the Client
- Scroll down to the 'download client' section on feed-the-beast.com and choose to download the .jar file. It makes no difference which one you use.
- When it has finished downloading, you can move the .jar anywhere you wish. By default, all of the Modpacks will install to a new 'FTB' folder in the place where you downloaded it to.
- Open the Feed The Beast Launcher .jar. It may take a bit at first for it to configure itself.
Step 2: Launcher Options
- Before starting to play, you can configure your options in the 'Options' tab. Select an install location for all the mod packs if you want to change it.
- You can choose how much RAM to allocate to Minecraft.
- Under 'Advanced Options', you can adjust the Minecraft window size.
Step 3: Choosing your Mod Pack
- Go to the 'Modpacks' tab and click 'Create Profile' from the bottom right dropdown menu. Enter your Minecraft Username and Password and press 'Add'. Your 'Profile Name' can be anything. It is only used as a name in the launcher, not the game itself.
- The Feed The Beast Launcher has many modpacks for you to choose from which all have a slightly different set of mods. You can find information about individual modpacks on this wiki.
- If you have a multiplayer server that you know the Mod Pack of which it is running, download that modpack.
- Choose a modpack, select your newly created profile and press 'Launch'. The modpack will now be downloaded. Once it's done, the game will launch automatically.
Step 4: That's it, you're done!
By now you have FTB installed and you can play at your wish. I do recommend for older Macs grabbing OptiFine, which can be installed by following these instructions instructions. Have fun playing!